Wednesday, February 3, 2010

yay for today!

I had an awesome workout today - I LOVE P90X. I am serious - if you need a workout that is structured, intense, but not too hard on your body TRY P90X!

The rest of the day was also good. School was very enjoyable as usual and I feel satisfied with my eating and progress in general. I am truly achieving goals I didn't even set. You know, when you set goals for yourself, or when I do for myself at least, I make goals that are obvious even superficial sometimes. That is important, but my whole point with this is that sometimes we learn even more and gain even more than we expected and achieve goals we didn't even know we had.

On a different note I am working on a food list that may be helpful for anyone here trying to get in shape themselves. I will eventually compile the list and post that as well but I figure I will post things as I come across them as well so you can start using them right away!

Think Thin protein bars (crunchy brownie, crunchy peanut butter, raspberry strawberry white chocolate, cookies and cream and toffee are all good so far. I will let you all know if any more are good!) Great way to satiate that sweet tooth and get in lots of protein!

Wendy's regular hamburger - we've only had this once but it really hit the spot! It is low calorie (only 280 cals for an entire sandwich with toppings, ketchup etc...) and it is low in saturated fat.
(not for every meal, but when you are really craving something bad its a good not bad option.)

Fage greek yogurt. It is my favorite healthy thing so far. You can use it as sour cream or just eating, it is SO low calorie, no fat and has 15 grams of protein. You have to add honey or splenda to it if you're just going to eat it but its so good. I also add granola and dried fruit.

Another option when you're out and about and are forced to grab something last minute is Chick Fil-A chargrilled chicken sandwich. They serve it on a wheat bun, it does not have cheese on it and it comes with lots of fresh veggies on top. It has a lot of protein, is low calorie and low fat. To add a bit of flavor, put some of their bbq sauce on top (not honey bbq the regular bbq.)

Crystal light! A great way to to get your water intake in without having to choke down water! lol!

That's all for now, but I do hope that is helpful!

Tomorrow should be an amazing day - JT and I are rewarding ourselves for all of our hard work with hour massages at a massage school (a great way to get a good massage for an inexpensive price - we are getting our hour massages for 31 dollars each! I think it is important to do something nice for yourself when you reach a goal!) Then I am going to a weight watchers meeting with a friend and tomorrow is the hard P90X day so my workout should be awesome too! :) Also, JT and I basically have the entire day off together tomorrow so I am really looking forward to just hanging out with him and enjoying him all day AND I am looking forward to a GREAT dinner hopefully! haha

Thankyou for reading! <3

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm fage yogurt with honey, YUMMY! One of my favs! Glad to hear you are doing so well and are so happy! Hope you enjoy your day off with JT and what I'm sure will be an amazing dinner tonight, and let me know how you like the WW meeting. :)

    ReplyDelete