Wednesday, January 13, 2010

production = progress

A lot of progress made today! We cleared all of the furniture out of the living room finally and have everything except the elliptical set up! I had a GREAT workout today too with Beverly! I got all of my text books and I ate great AGAIN today! We cleaned a ton (deep cleaned even!) Plus I've been cheating and weighing myself every so often and I KNOW I am going to make my goal of 173 by Friday! That will be 4lbs. lost in the first week!!!!

We also played a game of disc gold today which ROCKED! It was such a beautiful day! Life is just so much more enjoyable while working toward a goal. :)

Tomorrow is my long day at school (930am - 740pm) as well as another long day for JT, so we've got a few challenges but we'll be ok. (we'll pack a healthy lunch and snacks.)

Dinner tonight was pretty good and quite easy to make (something I may be able to do in the future to give JT a break from cooking - for those of you who know me this is proof this recipe is VERY easy!)

Grill Chicken Breast with Avocado Corn Salsa

For Salsa:

  • 1 ear corn, roasted
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1/4 cup minced red onion
  • 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice

Directions

Cut the kernels off the cob and mix together with all the remaining ingredients. Keep covered and refrigerated.

The recipe for salsa should not be made a day in advance, as the avocado will turn brown.

For Chicken:

  • 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • Olive oil as needed
  • Salt and pepper

Preheat grill or broiler.

Season chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Brush with lemon juice. Grill 10 to 15 minutes total on a hot grill, turning 3 times. Serve with Avocado Corn Salsa.


I totally forgot to take my measurements yet this week so I will do that tomorrow at some point so I can track that progress along with everything else. From past weight loss adventures I know sometimes you lose inches before weight :) So I definitely need something tangible like that to look for. I think that is the main difference between men and women. I absolutely need to see results to feel like what I am doing is worthwhile. (Usually) For the first time with this journey though, how I FEEL is reward enough to know I should continue on this path. I'd still like the measurements though, just in case I have a down day!

This blog has been such an outlet. When I am getting ready to make decisions I know I have all of you to answer to and it really motivates me to make the right ones. Thank you so much for your support! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment