Thursday, May 19, 2011

working it!

I may have used that title in the past already... however, I felt like I needed to again because I am really working it! lol!

I uploaded my data for today at 1030pm and burned more than 3100 cals and took 17700 steps! Can you freaking believe that? How many miles is 17700 steps? seriously!

Im in an odd place right now. Mostly because I feel great and I don't know that I've ever felt THIS good before... the best thing is, is that it will only get better once JT and I are TOGETHER. As exhausted and tired as my body feels - I am so happy and thankful to have fitness and healthy food in my life. I have a hobby (couponing... save your Sunday coupons for me and send them!) and pretty soon I'll be back with JT and the pups <3 Life is so wonderful.

I HAVE to incorporate yoga into my routine. It is TOPS on my priority list. In fact, I am going to go to Target or somewhere to get a book or dvd - I just HAVE to get it going. I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but I just FEEL like I need it. So I am going to figure it out asap.

Oh, Also, although its cold and crappy and rainy here in Ohio still most days, it is warming up a bit, so people are finally planting! Which means... FARMER'S MARKETS! I went to one today that sucked, but it will get better once people actually have veggies (they literally had asparagus and only like 3 bunches of it lol... the rest was bread, jelly and plants... OH and some overpriced organic meat). I can't wait until it really picks up so I can get delicious healthy locally-grown food. :) My next task is to really start cooking so once I get into that I will post some pics (of the more successful dishes of course...lol).

The reason I want to start cooking because JT mentioned today that he has no one to make him dinner - I want to be able to do that when I get home without running to the local drive thru. One of the problems with us in the past is that JT gets sick of cooking EVERY DAY and I was too scared or lazy maybe to actually cook for us - instead I got AWESOME at ordering out and so we enjoyed terrible delicious food and got fat. When I have babies I am NOT going to be able to be awesome at ordering food - it is going to have to be cooking enough to at least give JT a break sometimes. (Its hard to cook when someone in your house is just amazing at it...) lol. <3

Ok - I have to get to bed. Here is a great article!

If you are anything like me you probably have back pain and no idea how to avoid it at the gym - check this article out for helpful tips!

http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/6-Weightlifting-Tips-to-Avoid-Back-Pain.htm?cmp=17-1-593

OH and PS - to those of you who are struggling to get started I first want to point out that you can't just feel bad about not doing it... you have to do something about not doing it - but I also want to say don't have regrets, just recover. Here is a great quote for those of you who need some motivation...

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but
tomorrow is ours to win or to lose."
- Lyndon B. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment