Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Whew....

I am tired... but in a good way.

I had a very productive weekend that included 8 miles of running, lifting, finishing work for finals week, grocery shopping and tons more.Yesterday morning I had my first "real day" at work and was on my feet for 6 hours (the dude training me had worked overtime so we had lots of breaks lol) followed by an hour and a half drive to my class in Trumbull where I took a final and an hour drive home. :) I did take today off from running and the gym - it was much needed!

Today I worked again and was on my feet for about 7 hours, came home and went to the gym. Ran 3 miles and did legs. Gonna stop lifting unless Hal says too though from now on. I don't know if i've mentioned it yet but I am using THIS training program. I am going to start running in the mornings as often as possible too.

I found a great blog with lots of great recipes that I want to share. :) ENJOY! The actual recipe I am linking sounds SOO YUMMY! http://fitnessista.com/2008/11/something-worth-waking-up-for/ I am making it for breakfast! :) :)

I know this is a short one today and I am slacking a little - but I will get better once I get used to my schedule. Here are a few articles that may be of interest though!!!

This first one is about hip issues that may be causing other issues. I personally have a lot of hip pain. I did the stretches and they were actually VERY helpful! I was able to do my 5 miles Sunday thanks to them!

http://www.active.com/women/Articles/Fit_facts__Reduce_hip_injuries.htm?cmp=17-1-540

This next thing isn't an article, but I did this after my run and it really really really helped my legs feel better! Try it - I swear it works!

"Also a beginning runner--long run is 7--but have had great results with a tip from Danny Dreyer. After the run, lie on the floor with your legs stretching straight up a wall. Starting at your feet, use your hands to squeeze the blood out of your feet, calves, and thighs in that order.

When you stand up, three or four minutes later, you'll be refreshed--energized by the return of blood to your upper body, and with remarkably fresh legs. Recovery times become nonexistent--after a good run and a good session on the floor, I could sometimes run again.
"


It really worked - my legs felt SO much better. I def. need to start icing though, my joints are SORE.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. The breakfast cookie I linked is awesome... enjoying every bite right now! :)I made mine with 1/4 of a banana, skippy natural for my nut butter and a couple craisins, stevia and cinnamon

    ReplyDelete