Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life-Long Learner

Hello all! I have SO much great information to share today! Hence the title today "life-long learner." I feel like there is ALWAYS more information out there and the more you know, the better you can help yourself.

But first, good news! According to the scale yesterday I am down 4 more lbs! Which brings me to 7 lost all together so far! Saturday is our "official" weigh in for our weight-loss challenge at the gym so I'll let everyone know how that goes! :) Hopefully we win so I can get a few free months of gym membership! Otherwise my workouts will be moving outside in the freezing cold starting next Monday! lol! I am also going to see if I can get my body fat measured at some point this week before my time at the gym is up just to see where I stand currently in that department.

Ok, onto the great info I have to share! I follow a site called active.com on FB and they always post informative articles about weight loss, running etc... (I post them on this blog often.) Anyways, today they had several! :) The first is an article for the gentlemen blog readers! :)

This is an article about 7 fitness tests men should do to see where they stand fitness wise!

http://www.active.com/fitness/Articles/7-Fitness-Tests-Every-Man-Should-Do.htm?cmp=17-1-506

The next is a guide to 21 pre-packaged foods that are good and safe to eat. I actually bought the "Applewood" brand in the form of organic chicken sausages this week and can't wait to try them! :)

http://www.prevention.com/packaged-foods-2011/index.html

And the final article is different ways to track your weight loss. If you are anything like me you probably get very frustrated when the scale refuses to budge! Here are a few alternatives to track your progress and keep you motivated!

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/How-to-Track-Your-Weight-Loss.htm?cmp=17-1-508

I hope you enjoy the articles and get something from them! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. yay, congrats on the weight-loss! Keep up the great work!!! In the article about packaged foods, I love the Trader Joe's creamy tomato & roasted red pepper soup, and Dr. Praegger makes those veggie burgers I love (I'll have to try the sweet potato littles sometime!)

    ReplyDelete