Sunday, April 10, 2011

Getting Stronger

First - lets start with a little mood-setting music (and a pretty neat video!)



Very good song. And a very fitting one for this post. I am getting harder, better, faster and stronger.

One of the things that is most important to me, even more so than being thin, is being strong and cardio-vascularly fit. (I may have made that word up... but you get the point.) As much as I'd like to see results NOW, I LOVE the process of feeling my body change and the feeling of getting stronger. I love going to the gym and being able to lift more weight or do more reps than last week. I love the feeling of being able to do squats and lunges without excruciating burning pain in my legs and hammies!And I love knowing that the work I am doing is changing my body.

I am also getting faster. I am a SLOW runner, but as I continue to put in the miles (even if I only do 2-3 a day) my pace increases and it gets easier and easier.

I am getting harder ... well my body is anyways. I hate the feeling of being a soft sloppy fat ball, it is nice to finally feel like I am toning up a bit! haha!

And all of these changes are making me better - I feel like a better and more informed/educated person (thanks to my research!) Life is just GOOD! The only thing missing right now, honestly, is JT and the dogs. Everything else feels great.

Today was a great day. I ran to the gym (approx 1.4 miles) did chest and back and then ran home. I also went on a nice long walk with my mom and Sparg around the neighborhood a few times. JT and I had a great conversation too. I have been feeling a bit discouraged because I feel like I should be seeing more weight loss- but, after I sent him my calorie burn information he determined that I have had enough of a deficit to lose the amount of weight I have. Unfortunately, biggest loser gives us a skewed view of weight loss and if we don't lose 5-10 lbs a week we think we suck... the truth is ANY weight loss is an accomplishment because it is NOT easy.

I am learning so much about myself and my body on this new journey. It is far better than any of the other attempts I have made to lose weight... I believe the reason for that, is that this time it is not an attempt, but a commitment to myself. I also think the satisfaction I get from working towards a much sought-after goal, and actually feeling better and seeing results helps. It is a cycle that I'm happy to be in.

Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be

1 comment: