Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Check - In

Good Evening All,

Just wanted to check in! I have decided I am going to try to write at least a couple times a week. :)

Things are going very well here. I got up super early this morning and hit the gym. It felt great and my calorie burn was SO high today! Proof that morning workouts increase your metabolism throughout the day.

After my workout JT and I went to Erie because he had a VA appointment. While we were out there we went to a store called Wegmans. BEST STORE EVER. Seriously. I don't even know how to describe it except to say that it literally had ANYTHING you could ever want. Organic wise too. We picked up some green beans, red potatoes and grass fed steaks to eat tomorrow. I can't wait! (JT is an AWESOME chef!) Oh and we picked up some Bearnaise butter to go with it!

I have also been doing some research about products, different kinds of foods, body chemisty, food addiction etc... As I get it all together I will def. share it here. I have a couple of articles to share today too.

Oh and on a different note, It is officially Lent. And, although I do not subscribe to a particular religion, I do like to sacrifice something for the lent season. This year I have decided to extend my no sugar pact with my MFD friends to Lent as well. SO, I will not be eating anything with added sugar (except one Shamrock shake) until Easter Sunday. Im hoping I can give up about 20 lbs. for lent too hehe.

Im hoping when we get back to Texas JT and I can find a local Co-op to join. (thanks for the suggestion Adam!) We do have a nice meat market by us, but I'll have to figure out if they have grass-fed beef/chicken etc... Im still really worried about the next couple of weeks here. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can eat healthy while living at my parents house without taking up too much fridge room, not having to cook much but not eating a ton of processed crap?

First, here is a blog that has lots of great info on it and some of you might enjoy - http://zentofitness.com/

And here is an article - this one is especially good for you busy parents (or just any of you busy friends of mine!)

http://www.active.com/women/Articles/burn-extra-calories-at-home.htm?cmp=17-1-292

thanks for reading guys. :)

2 comments:

  1. Have you watched 'Food Inc.' yet? If you haven't it is an amazing documentary on Netflix about the American food industry and how the individual consumer can become more educated about just how bad so much of it is..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, tips for eating healthier at home... buy dry goods like brown rice and oatmeal that you can cook up. I make oatmeal for breakfast every day and add raisins, pecans, ground flaxseed, etc. I also often cook up a big pot of brown rice and then keep leftovers in a container in the fridge. Then you can can stirfry vegetables to put on top (maybe you can get some frozen peppers and stirfry veggies if you don't want to take up fridge space with fresh stuff?). You could also just run by the grocery store 2-3 times a week and just pick up what you need for the next couple of days. I know it sounds a little inconvenient, but you'll be taking up less space in the fridge, your stuff will be guaranteed fresh, and you don't have to worry about overbuying and having food go to waste. For healthy "fast food" I recommend subway and CHIPOTLE!!! (I love chipotle, their meats are free-range and everything is always fresh. Reasonably priced too! Just stay away from the cheese and sour cream! And the giant tortilla, lol!)

    ReplyDelete