Monday, June 6, 2011

I am a Warrior!!!!

I had the dash this weekend!



This dash was a lot harder than I expected. I really thought Texas was difficult, but I was pretty out of shape when we ran so I thought for this race I'd SMOKE it! My goal was to finish in 29 minutes and BOY was that a JOKE! lol. This dash was a lot different and A LOT harder! The video I posted doesn't even begin to show the difficulty of the course... but you can see several people (who look seemingly in shape) walking ... that should tell you something. Also, the fact that I finished in 35:52 and was in the top 20% of finishers (maybe 22%... but up there) should also tell you something!

Here are my stats
Place - 1816 out of 9782 (They place you with the day you ran - this was for Sunday)
Place in age group - 66
Time- 35:54.60

Rhonda and me after the race! Look at those GUNS! 
Just looked up Saturday and if I would have run that day I would have placed 2844 out of 9836 so if I add all the people that finished before me for both days I finished 4658 out of 19708! Not too shabby!

I am pretty stoked. I can't believe how well I did compared to so many others. I don't mean to be crappy about it - but I just felt like I was dying going up those hills, but I kept pushing myself because I wanted to do well and it really paid of. Honestly, the ONLY thing that would have made the day better was JT being there. He would have finished that thing so quick and been in the top 10%! He's gonna ROCK Tough Mudder in October!
My girl Rhonda came with me and ran it (she finished in like 29 minutes... she's a freaking BEAST) Kristy and Yvonne and Rob and several others also came and we all met up and started together! So much fun! They all finished and did great!

Gonna keep on keeping on and get stronger, better, faster and stronger...

OH ps... guess who is heading my way....

JT!!!!! HE HEADS THIS WAY TOMORROW! Life is so freaking amazing. <3




Kristy donated her shoes! I had to protect her little feet from the stones! lol!
 















1 comment: